Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Raffles on GT&T...

Just a note to bring y'all up to date with what you can look forward to in the near future....

As I stated in an earlier post GT&T is expected to make a profit or at the very least support itself. The usual way for a site like this one to make money is to sell advertising or memberships. Now, in order to sell advertising a site has to be able to offer a prospective advertiser a large enough membership base that his/her marketing dollar will receive enough positive exposure. If the amount of exposure makes an advertising expenditure a worthwhile cost the advertiser writes a check and is happy. We can all guess what happens if the advertiser is not happy!

At this point, with a membership of 22 active members I really don't have much to offer an advertiser. This leaves selling memberships as the primary source of income. Many folks will buy a membership if they feel they enjoy the site and feel part of it. After about 5 days (which is how long GT&T has been a forum) no one knows if they really enjoy the site and they have no idea if they are part of it.

Since the forum has bills which have to be paid each month it is important that it has some sort of income in the mean time.

To this end GT&T will be holding raffles occasionally. I am hoping to have a Class "A" raffle about 4 or 5 times a year. A Class "A" raffle will be a raffle which has a very valuable prize (a firearm, high dollar scope, or any other item of a high cost) and for which the cost of the raffle will be between $25 and $35 per ticket. There will never be more than 35 tickets sold in a Class "A" raffle.

I am also hoping to hold numerous Class "B" raffles. A Class "B" raffle will have smaller prizes (tactical lights, range finders, video cameras, knives, etc) and tickets will cost between $2 and $25 per ticket. A Class "B" raffle will not be limited by the number of tickets, rather by a set length of time.

I will be posting more in the near future on this subject.... I have put lots of thought into this and I sincerely believe when y'all see the way I am going to put this all together you will find it exciting and a fun experience.

Don

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, for one, am looking forward to the raffles, AND the opportunity to become a paying Member. I have no doubt that GT&T will become a going concern in the near future, with willing sponsors and paying members.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the membership function up. I think most of the current members would be happy to send checks. It would help to get the cash pump primed.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Casper and I also would do memberships! Glad to be helping in any way we can!

Post Thanks / Like
    U know I'm in

Post Thanks / Like
    put my done for one of them member ship

Post Thanks / Like
    The money is worth what you teach us! Is GT&T any relation to AT&T? Just wondering?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in too

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your plan.