Post Thanks / Like

Question IWB VS Pocket Carry

I know its always best to pack in a holster on the belt, either inside or outside, but its hot and uncomfortable during the summer. I am still choosing the Ramora pocket holster with the smaller 380 pistols that are light and a joy to pack.

A 9mm would be the better choice in a nice shield, ruger or other weapon choice, but still no gunfights in over 70 years makes me lazy I guess. Your thoughts please.

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry pistols that are of sufficient caliber and size to actually be useful in a gunfight, so no pocket carry for me.

My “little” carry gun is a Performance Center Shield 9.

My most often carried EDC pistols are any of several 1911’s, some S&W M&P series pistols, a Sig Legion P229, or a Springfield XD(M) 4.5 in 10mm.

I guess that folks who carry mouseguns are hoping for the best. I plan for the worst, and prepare accordingly.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

3. Likes flphotog  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Rick, my two most carried are currently either the H&K USP9c or HK45c. If I need something a little smaller I go with the Springfield XDe.
    I used to carry IWB bit it's been OWB for me for a long time now. I've never pocket carried. I do carry a 1911 now and then.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

5. Likes Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I don't know what qualifies a gun to be of " Sufficient caliber and size" But I believe I have a couple of carry guns that can be carried on the belt or in the pocket. My everyday go to carry gun is a Bond Arms 9 mm bull pup and I carry it OWB. Most people have no idea what that is and they are rare, expensive, and worth every penny to me for the ease of carrying it affords me.

The other gun that I can carry either in the pocket or on the belt Is my 9 mm glock model 26. Granted for some people the 26 is a little heavy And Difficult to pocket carry but I fit in the extra large category and the pockets on my pants and shorts are plenty large for the glock.

There are times when I am wearing fleece shorts for instance with no belt loops and no pockets that I have to find an alternative carry. In that situation I have a KelTec P32 that I wear in a neck holster under my shirt. It is not the best gun for personal protection but it is reliable and the bullets go where I point them and after all, any gun is better than none.

Don

Attachment 564
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

7. Likes sig232 , JimmyA  liked this post