Post Thanks / Like

Cool Shotgun Hunting & Target Shooting A Rich Mans Game??

Its a whole different crowd that hang out at sporting clays, trap and Skeet events. Event prices can be high and the tools many of these participants use are on the high side of 3K for many. A pack of chokes in all the varieties are between $300-500. Men and Women that get into the sport in a big way can spend well over 10K for a high level O/U shotguns with all the pretty wood and engraving. Some are well over 30K.

Lots of show and tell at events, bragging about how the stock was fitted to their arm length, chin height, right or left hand shooting, etc. Big money just to have an expert set up your gun for you.

Then their was me on the range first time with a Remington Pump 12 gauge, that I bought for less than $300 and dropped behind the golf cart in the dirt road while buzzing out in the sporting clays range. I just picked it up and dusted it off and pretended I knew what I was doing. I worked on that old gun with my dremel and light emery cloth until I could get it to extract spent shells reliably, changed out the trigger spring, marine extractor, sawed off the stock to fit my length of pull and replaced the choke with a better option. Like pistol practice, I learned if you have a reliable firearm and put in the time you can shoot well, its the shooter not the gun in most cases.

I will admit that the higher level shotguns give you a distinct advantage with your skill level improves.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that a lot of folks are interested in the scattergun sports, and the more shooters of any sport there are, the better.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer