Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dicks Sporting Goods Removing All Guns From 125 Stores

A great idea that comes from their anti-gun CEO. More than likely this will result in an additional sales volume reduction over time. Hunters, Fishermen stick together so this will hit them hard.
    Many other stores who sell only sporting goods have not been able to survive on kayaks and golfing goodies. Time will tell how this will work out for them.

I am surprised that their stockholders have not demanded the CEO's head on a platter for his anti-gun stance. A good part of their success has been the result of a fully stocked hunting department with excellent clothing, ammo, firearms, etc.

Your thoughts please?

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...ing-guns-good/

2. Likes flphotog , Rick McC.  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never spent a nickel in a Dicks Sporting Goods store, and I never will.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

4. Likes Old N' Grumpy  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    I have never spent a nickel in a Dicks Sporting Goods store, and I never will.
    I'm with on that BamBam, there is one just a few minutes away and I've never been in it.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    I for one, bought most of my Field and Stream waterproof hunting clothing at Dicks plus all my shotgun shells for many years when they put them on sale. Those days are over I have not put a foot in their stores for many years now since they have taken the political lefty route. Done with them. I now shop Rural King for shotgun shells are discount prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    to bad for them they will be gone soon
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see their CEO is claiming the decision was not a political one. Says retail sporting goods business is changing and he has to make room for the more profitable inventory.

Frankly their may be some truth to his comment since its expensive to maintain a gun inventory, they have a low profit margin, and its difficult to find and train clerks that know how to handle the federal paperwork to sell a firearm and talk with customers about firearms. Best left to gun stores, Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc. I remember it was hard to find a clerk period at a Dicks gun counter and most did not know a shotgun from a rifle.

But to lose all the hunting clothing, ammo, etc has to hurt them big time. Lots and lots of profit in that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    What the idiot hasn’t figured out yet is that some “gun people” have other interests as well.

I shoot, but I also hunt, fish, bicycle, kayak, boat, camp, and spearfish, to name a few.

All of those interests require ancillary purchases, of which Dicks will never receive a dime from me.

We used to spend a good bit at Dicks, and often drove to one in Tampa before one was built locally.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought quite some time ago when this azzhat started his anti-gun rhetoric that he was destroying all inventory...right or wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old N' Grumpy View Post
    I thought quite some time ago when this azzhat started his anti-gun rhetoric that he was destroying all inventory...right or wrong?
    Right.

In the Obama celebratory shortages, Dick’s pulled ARs from their stores, and wouldn’t even honor any orders they had already on the books for them.

Many of us quit on them back then, but their CEO really stepped on it this time.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer