Post Thanks / Like

Cool Merry Christmas '18

I know it is a bit early for this but if I don't do it while I'm thinking of it it won't get done! I'm not saying I put things off but let me put it this way.... My wife has threatened to buy me a teeshirt that says.... "I always wanted to be a procrastinator but I never got around to it!".

Anyway, from me and mine to the members of GT&T.....This is my own version of "Twas The Night Before Christmas" that I have taken (great) liberties with to wish all of you and yours a very Happy Holiday Season....

'Twas the Night before Christmas', a poem...
    with apologies to Clement Clarke Moore......

Christmas Eve on the Forum and all through the joint, not a person was talking, no one making a point.
    The range bags were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.
    The newbies were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of AR's danced in their heads.
    Mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap, had cleaned all the guns and it was time for a nap.

When out in the yard there arose such a clatter, I jumped from my bunk to see what was the matter.
    Away to the safe I flew like a flash, grabbed my AR, and threw up the sash.
    The moon through the lens of my night goggles aglow, Gave the brightness of mid-day to objects below.
    When, what to my searching eyes should appear, But a four wheel drive truck, pulled by eight White Tail deer.

I saw a little old driver, as I threw off my slumber, and I checked the truck for a plate but couldn't make out the number!
    More rapid than spammers the truck and deer came, And he cussed, and he shouted, and called them by name!
    "Now Taurus now Ruger now Glock and Beretta! On KelTec on Smith on Colt and Rock Island! To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
    Now stop fooling around and haul ash one and all!"

As smoke from black powder when fired will fly, when it meets with the wind, up in to the sky,
    so up to the roof top those white tails did slide, With the truck full of Toys, and the old man inside.
    And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof, the prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
    As I drew in my head, and was turning around, down the chimney fell Santa with a grunt and a groan.

He was dressed all in camo, from his head to his foot, And his clothes were all dirty with deer crap and soot.
    A bundle of presents he had hung on his back, And he looked like a vendor, at a gun show in fact.
    His eyes-they were blood shot! His dimples were scary! His cheeks were like wattles, his nose like a cherry!
    His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow, And the hair on his head was a flat top you know.

A Christmas Cookie he held tight in his mouth, and the crumbs that he dropped were all over the house.
    He had a broad face and a big old round belly, that shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!
    He was chubby and plump, a right comical elf, And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
    A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled all the range bags, then turned with a jerk.
    He laid his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod, up the chimney he rose!
    He sprang to his truck, to his deer gave a whistle, and away they all flew like lead from a pistol.
    But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight, "Merry Christmas Gun Forum, and to all a good-night!"

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

2. Likes shooterz , sig232 , waltherppk  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!!!!!! And Merry Christmas to all of our loyal Members.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

4. Likes JimmyA , sig232  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Don!! You’ve missed your calling! Merry Christmas all!!!

6. Likes JimmyA  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I hope this Christmas finds all our members happy and healthy and looking forward to the New Year 2019!

Remember buy that new gun and extra ammo as a gift to yourself, forget putting it under the tree and hit the range often. Be safe and enjoy the Holiday Season.

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!!!

8. Likes waltherppk  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic Don -- thank you! And a very Merry Christmas to you and all the distinguished members!
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail… the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.”
    -- Jeff Cooper