Thread: Added a new Sig

Post Thanks / Like

Added a new Sig

I've never been a Sig fan, mostly because of the blocky looks. Well I've been finding myself in need of something smaller for carry with somewhat tighter shirts. Having switched to hammer fired and not looking to go back to striker fired guns the choices were somewhat limited so I picked up a Sig P938 today, off to the range tomorrow.

Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

2. Thanks sig232  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Excellent little pistols, but a bit on the heavy side for carry for us little guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I've never been a Sig fan, mostly because of the blocky looks. Well I've been finding myself in need of something smaller for carry with somewhat tighter shirts. Having switched to hammer fired and not looking to go back to striker fired guns the choices were somewhat limited so I picked up a Sig P938 today, off to the range tomorrow.

I shoot with some guys that really like their P938’s, Carson!

Quote Originally Posted by sig232 View Post
    Excellent little pistols, but a bit on the heavy side for carry for us little guys.
    Not even, Lee! You know that with a good belt and holster you can carry pretty much anything you want, though that’s not really necessary to carry one of those little things.

It sounds to me like “someone” has convinced themself that they “need” to pocket carry a .380.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know about "heavy", fully loaded it's the second lightest pistol in my safe, the lightest being a Ruger LCP that I hate, it hasn't been out of the safe in at least 3 years. It's about 8 oz's heaver than the LCP. Have 2 holsters on the way for it, one from Panther and one from Little Bear. Ya know, sometimes ya got to go with Kydex and sometimes ya got to go with leather.

6. Likes sig232 , Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I'd add a couple of shots of the holster i got for this little guy Little Bear Custom Holsters, Dave does great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know they are well made little pistols and very accurate. Its my friend also named Dave that just tosses it in his cargo shorts that claims its way to heavy for loose pocket carry.

Me, I always use a pocket holster for pocket carry and yes, have been carrying a 380 for many years. More of a last ditch self defense item rather than something you would take to a serious gunfight. Just gotten lazy in my older age, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know they are well made little pistols and very accurate. Its my friend also named Dave that just tosses it in his cargo shorts that claims its way to heavy for loose pocket carry.

Me, I always use a pocket holster for pocket carry and yes, have been carrying a 380 for many years. More of a last ditch self defense item rather than something you would take to a serious gunfight. Just gotten lazy in my older age, I guess.
    Oh I agree sig, I wouldn't pocket carry it but then I haven't pocket carrying in many years and then only once or twice, didn't like it.