Post Thanks / Like

Stand your ground

all Democratic candidates for governor want to suspend enforcement of this law, i watch then the other night to see what they are running on and it looks like gun control and higher taxes
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.

2. Likes sig232  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rzach View Post
    all Democratic candidates for governor want to suspend enforcement of this law, i watch then the other night to see what they are running on and it looks like gun control and higher taxes
    Business as usual........
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    As usual I'd bet that not a single one of them even knows exactly what SYG is or how it works. I'd also bet that they all think that the Z case was a SYG case. As far as I know the only person who has brought up SYG in this latest parking lot shooting is our local idiot sheriff and he did it just to get the politicians riled up, and it worked as expected.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

5. Likes Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    As usual I'd bet that not a single one of them even knows exactly what SYG is or how it works. I'd also bet that they all think that the Z case was a SYG case. As far as I know the only person who has brought up SYG in this latest parking lot shooting is our local idiot sheriff and he did it just to get the politicians riled up, and it worked as expected.

I saw that, and yelled at the TV, as the TM/GZ case was never a SYG case.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

7. Likes flphotog  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The Tampa Times has been running a lot of articles about the stand your ground laws and the recent parking lot shooting. Their spin is always liberal and makes it sound like SYG gives anyone the option to cap someone they don't like. Wife reads that paper, I think its a piece of crap, but have to live with it being in the house.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen any Video of the incident. A fellow driver has told me that he has seen an unedited Video, and reportedly the Shooter had been reaching into the Vehicle multiple times before the "victim" came out of the store and again just before the shooting. Other than to say that the whole incident never would have happened if the car had not been parked in a "handicapped" space, my opinion is that the long delay before charges were brought indicates to me that Law Enforcement examined things very carefully before pressing charges. The Courts, and not the "Court of public Opinion" will determine the outcome. I have a number of friends that have and deserve Handicapped placards, and seldom use those spaces, even when the placard holder is with me, and NEVER when I am the only one exiting the vehicle.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.