Post Thanks / Like

Three 7.62x39 Combat Ready Rifles

This short video is a very interesting comparison of the Ruger Mini-30, AK 47 and Galil Ace rifles.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-ready-rifles/

Post Thanks / Like
    I only watched a few seconds of the video but it appears they are all semi-autos. That, in my book makes none of them "combat ready".
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    While I watched the video and enjoyed the shooting I believe my choice of the three would be the Yugo AK. It is as close to dependable as anything made by man, very easy to maintain, affordable, and fun to shoot. While it is great to say Ruger has a great service dept in a combat situation Ruger will not be there to help. The cost of the Ace puts it out of reach of many if not most shooters.

I disagree that being semi auto makes none of them combat ready. A semi is very capable of firing effective three shot bursts. I don't know anyone who can fire an auto feeder or even quick firing a semi who can hit much of what they are aiming at after the second or third shot.... especially from 25 yards or farther.

Finally, as one who has been on the receiving end of a semi auto 7.62X39, if that gun is not combat ready nothing is!

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

4. Likes JimmyA  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an older mini-30 Ruger, its a hoot to shoot but not as accurate at distance as others. Also built a AR in same caliber from Anderson parts and its pretty accurate and reliable.

I like Dons Saiga the best in that caliber.

6. Likes BangBang  liked this post
    Thanks BangBang  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know something Lee.... I completely forgot the Saiga! I guess I have too many guns, you think?

The Saiga is an AK but with a sporter stock (no pistol grip), no bayonet lug, and a couple other things that would keep it legal in the event of an "assault weapon" ban....

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

8. Thanks sig232  thanked for this post