Post Thanks / Like

Last Steak and Clays Shoot For The Season May 17th.

Tamp Bay Sporting Clays is having their last Steak and Clays shoot this Thursday May 17th. They shut this event down for the summer season since it is so darn hot.

Check their website if you are interested. Its a fun event. Cost is $50, which includes a golf cart, 50 clays and a steak dinner.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun event!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My whole crew backed out of the shoot due to the rain forecast. Pussys!

So I went by myself, got a nice golf cart and headed out to shoot at around 3 pm. Had a fun time, shot 65 clays, did OK maybe 60% +. Hooked up with a retired police officer and his son and shot with them for most of the course. We got back an hour early, about 4 pm and dinner was not until 5 pm. So we got the best seat in the house, right next to all the food lines. The pavilion is large and covered so the weather was not a problem.

About 4:30 the rain hit, and I mean hit hard. Blowing rain and for the next hour shooters were coming in soaked to the bone and cold. So I was lucky, to get out early and had a wonderful day.

The food was good, about 60 folks showed up, so it was a successful event. Due to the hot summer days and rain they will not hold these events again until October.