Thread: Jury Duty

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jury Duty

Got picked to be an alternate on a jury yesterday. It's a civil case and expected to last about two weeks. I will probably be AWOL from the forum for a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    We’ll leave the light on for ya’.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

3. Likes Rangedog , waltherppk  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jury duty can be an interesting experience if you get in on the right case. Hope you get a good one Pat.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had an interesting few weeks! I did get on a trial that was expected to go for two weeks. It was a personal injury case involving a motorcycle and a car. The motorcycle rider was all broken up and ended up paralyzed from the chest down. He was suing the car driver for big bucks. On Friday of the first week. the plaintiff's lawyer was still presenting his side of the case. On Saturday, I came down with the flu and ended up in the ER. They gave me a bunch of shots and put me on Tamiflu and sent me home with orders to wear a mask for the next four or five days since I was highly contagious. Monday morning, I made it to court full of meds and wearing a mask. When the judge saw the mask, he asked me why I was wearing the mask. When he heard the word "flu", he thanked me for my service and said I needed to be home getting well. I spent the rest of the week on the couch. It would have been a tough case to decide since both parties did things wrong. I'm bummed that I invested a week in the case and don't know how it turned out! My next bit of fun is arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday to fix a torn meniscus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get better soon, Sir!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    "My next bit of fun is arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday to fix a torn meniscus."

I had it done twice before they just ripped the whole knee out and replaced it.....best of luck with your surgery and the subsequent rehab.....
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waltherppk View Post
    I've had an interesting few weeks! I did get on a trial that was expected to go for two weeks. It was a personal injury case involving a motorcycle and a car. The motorcycle rider was all broken up and ended up paralyzed from the chest down. He was suing the car driver for big bucks. On Friday of the first week. the plaintiff's lawyer was still presenting his side of the case. On Saturday, I came down with the flu and ended up in the ER. They gave me a bunch of shots and put me on Tamiflu and sent me home with orders to wear a mask for the next four or five days since I was highly contagious. Monday morning, I made it to court full of meds and wearing a mask. When the judge saw the mask, he asked me why I was wearing the mask. When he heard the word "flu", he thanked me for my service and said I needed to be home getting well. I spent the rest of the week on the couch. It would have been a tough case to decide since both parties did things wrong. I'm bummed that I invested a week in the case and don't know how it turned out! My next bit of fun is arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday to fix a torn meniscus.
    Wish you well Pat, Tue does not sound like a fun experience. Where is the Surgery being done?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surgery was done at Florida Orthopedic Surgery Center in WC. Dr Palumbo did the cutting. I can't recommend him highly enough. The knee is still sore but it gets a little better each day. I go for a therapy evaluation this Tuesday AM. Hopefully, by then I'll be able to leap over small buildings and avoid the therapy! One thing I know - they will have to drag me kicking and screaming before I do a knee replacement!

10. Likes sig232  liked this post