Post Thanks / Like

Florida trying to stop school shootings

Florida voted down an assault weapons
    ban this week. They are also attempting to allow teachers to carry in
    school....

TALLAHASSEE Facing anguished relatives and classmates of
    shooting victims, two House and Senate committees advanced legislation Tuesday
    to create a new statewide program to put armed teachers in classrooms — over the
    vocal opposition of teachers, parents and many Parkland residents.
    In the
    House, the Appropriations Committee voted along party lines to approve the
    measure to train teachers to carry guns in class under the direction of local
    law enforcement — if superintendents or the school board approve.

The
    Senate Appropriations Committee approved a similar bill, but required that both
    the sheriff and school district officials in a county agree to the program
    before it can be adopted.

“The last line of defense would be a highly
    trained person in the school,” said Rep. Jose Oliva, R-Miami Lakes, referring to
    teachers with guns.

The $67 million “school marshal” program is the most
    controversial aspect of HB 18-06 and SPB 7026, the nearly matching legislation
    crafted by lawmakers to respond to the killing of 17 students and teachers at
    Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland on Feb. 14.

The
    bills also impose a three-day waiting period for gun purchases, raise the age to
    buy a gun from 18 to 21 and give police more power to seize guns from people who
    threaten themselves or others.

“The reality is, we should have acted this
    comprehensively long ago,” said Sen. Bill Galvano, R-Bradenton, the sponsor of
    the Senate reform package.

These bills have passed in both house
    and senate committees and now advance for a full vote next week. Gov Scott is
    not a fan of arming teachers but if he veto's it there may be enough votes to
    over ride his veto.

Florida legislators advance bill to arm
    teachers | Miami Herald

Don

N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

2. Likes sig232 , Rick McC.  liked this post
    Thanks Rangedog , Rick McC.  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t care for the part about the Sheriffs having approval power over the school’s plans. They’re elected positions, and many down here are highly politically driven anti-2A carpetbaggers!

I hope the sheriff’s aren’t the one’s in charge of the training either, as most of the people I shoot with are much more highly trained shooters than most of our LEO’s.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    The police that shoot at our range are a great bunch of guys but their performance pales compared to the guys I hang with. Most cops that I"ve known thru the years only shoot their guns for their annual qualification. Now the sWAT team is a completely different story but thats the minority of police.

Sheriff's are POLITICAL ANIMALS....PERIOD!!!!! The old time sheriff's are a dying breed and the politicians have taken over....thats not saying anything bad its stating a fact. Of course many of the old time sheriff's were absolutely brutal as the wielded the powers of their office.

HOWEVER, that being said....someone has to oversee this program if it ever materializes. I just read Israel trained teachers and school administrators to carry firearms in the most hate filled atmosphere in the world.....there's been two attempted terrorist attacks at schools in the past 44 years (thats right 2)....both were settled with teachers killing the assailants!!!

Yet, this country is so filled with pansies that can't pull up their lace panties that they'er pissing their pants over the idea of having trained teachers carrying self-defense firearms in order to protect themselves as well as their students.

What teachers in their right mind would rather get on their knees to be killed along with their students????? IMHO.....those teachers that feel that way should be disqualified from working in a school........
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

5. Likes sig232 , Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick McC and Rangedog every thing that you'll said is true. at this time the lib's is on a roll. But we can not stand back and let them get away with the Bull. back when to get a concealed license and the Sheriff's was the one that OKed if you got one or not if you did not donate money to then you was not going to get one
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.

7. Likes frgood , Rick McC. , Rangedog  liked this post
    Thanks Rangedog  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go after the FBI and the Broward (Cowards) Sheriffs office not an inanimate object. Those are who dropped the ball and thats where blame is due. Also wouldn't hurt to better enforce the gun laws we already have.

9. Likes Rangedog  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old N' Grumpy View Post
    Go after the FBI and the Broward (Cowards) Sheriffs office not an inanimate object. Those are who dropped the ball and thats where blame is due. Also wouldn't hurt to better enforce the gun laws we already have.
    This makes absolute sense, but it doesn't fit the Liberal IDIOTS agenda, so it will never happen.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    True.