Thread: New 1911...

Post Thanks / Like

New 1911...

I have wanted a nice target stainless steel 1911 in 9mm for awhile. I had narrowed my search down to 3 guns; Colt's Competition Pistol, Kimber's Stainless Target, and Springfield's Range Officer 9mm. All 3 were available in 9mm, all 3 were top quality manufacturers, and all 3 were in the same price range (+/- $50.00). It was a difficult decision....

Finally, I decided I wanted the Kimber. My experience with the two Kimbers I already had was good and Kimber's Customer Service department had been pleasant, respectful, and very quick to handle my problem when I needed them.

I bought a Kimber Stainless Target II in 9mm.

I have not fired enough rounds through the gun (less than 300 rounds) yet to know much about it but so far it has been a very nice gun to shoot. Out of the box accuracy has been exceptional with 8 shots in a 4 inch circle at 17 yards (50 feet) consistently. I feel confidant that will get better as I learn the gun and try different brands of ammunition.

The trigger breaks clean at under 4 pounds with very little travel at either end. There is a fully adjustable micrometer rear sight with a red fiber optic front sight. Both sights are in a dovetail so they can be changed out easily. Capacity is 9 + 1 and the magazines are stainless steel.

The gun weighs 38 ounces (2 pounds 6 ounces) so recoil with 9mm is very comfortable. The grips are Rosewood with checkering and the Kimber logo laser etched and are nicely done. I have already ordered custom grips made from Mediterranean Olivewood for the gun. I have always liked grips that were "different".

At this point in time I am very happy with the gun and if and when that changes I will let y'all know!

Don

Attached Images Attached Images
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

2. Likes frgood , sig232 , brownie  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking 1911. I've only got one 1911, a Colt stainless rail gun in 45 caliber with rosewood grips. It's my favorite pistol to shoot. Easy to shoot and very accurately. Been think I might need to add a Commander to my collection one day.

4. Thanks BangBang  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been a Kimber fan Don but that is a nice looking pistol. I've got the RO in both 9 and .45 and love them both.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

6. Thanks BangBang  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that pistol Don. I am a big fan of the 45 acp Kimbers and think the 9mm is a nice addition to your collection.

There are a lot of excellent 1911's available today and once you get used to that platform they are easy to point and shoot well. Hope we have them around for many many more years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a beauty, Don…..best of luck with her….

I am a big Kimber fan……been shooting a Raptor in competition for several years……like to carry my Ultra for SD…...
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. Very clean look with all the classic lines.
    It sounded a lot funnier in my head.