Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hurricane Irma

Nasty looking storm, with high winds and on a track towards Florida. Might hit the keys on Sunday or before.

On Tuesday I am seeing lines at the gas stations and a run on water and other supplies at Publix and Home Depot. Looks like folks are prepping way ahead of time before supplies run out.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it does not decide to slam into the Tampa area with the high Cat numbers quoted.

Your thoughts??

Post Thanks / Like
    There's only one way to prepare for a Cat 5........leave town. I headed a rescue team in Homestead after Andrew.....there's no prep for a Cat 5........when I arrived at dawn.....there were no buildings right as we came off the exit....banks were missing, no McDonalds or Burger Kings left......bread trucks were wrapped around trees like pretzels.......
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Florida must of it is under water before a storm surge, what the blow don't get the flood will. it time to get on up the road
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were scheduled to leave Thursday am to go to Los Angeles. We cancelled and decided to ride it out with the rest of the family. May have been a big mistake but we will do our best to preserve our home and intend to buy some wine to ease the pain.

Don't think their is much chance of Cat 5 up the center of the state, even Cat 4. Should slow down coming across land if that is its track. But who knows what will happen. Maybe by Friday night we will have some clues as to its track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news this morning (Friday)....we hope it holds. TV says by the time it gets to Central Florida winds down to 100 - 120. I've stayed in all those winds before without much damage....still not to be toyed with and we all still need to be prepared for the worst so we can ride out in the best of shape.

Good luck to all !!!
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm staying put in Clearwater, not near the beach and not in an evac zone, still wish it was staying a little farther east but it may still turn a bit, time will tell.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Donny headed on up the road but don't know if Don is sitting this one out at home.

Looking like the winds will not be in the cat 4 range when it gets up in our area. 85 to 100 is latest prediction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used up two rolls of duct tape this morning taping up the slider to prevent water intrusion. Sandbagged the bottom. Should help.

later tonight will be the big show, through 4 am or so Monday morning. Hope all our Florida residents are safe.

9. Likes ed308  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful with duct tape. It can leave a residue behind which is hard to remove. People have used it glass and couldn't get the residue off. If you pull it soon after the storm you may be ok.

Good luck to everybody.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roxie and I bugged out of Homosassa about 4:00 PM yesterday. We dropped off our Pain-in-the-ass Cat at BangBang's and left there about 5:30. Slow traffic from Sumterville through Coleman to Wildwood, and a little better through Ocala. Once we headed up 441, all the traffic took 301, and we had clear sailing all night long. Stopped a couple of times for short naps, and rolled into my son's home in McDonough, GA about 0800 today. Not returning to FL until the power comes back on.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

12. Likes ed308  liked this post