Post Thanks / Like

Cool Top 5 Most Overrated Handguns

2. Likes Rangedog  liked this post
    Thanks Rangedog  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting video, at least once all the ads all over the page finally load.

And as much as I hate to admit it, he's spot on about the Walther PPK/s.

It is a beautiful gun. But he hit the nail on the head explaining what happens after a box of ammo and the intervening shooting.

It is accurate, I'll give it that, but I never shoot it anymore or if I do, it's just to make sure it still fires flawlessly.

I still can't believe it was my carry gun for so many years. But then I didn't shoot a lot of practice with it either.

I've had/have two of those guns and he was correct on both of them. The H&K Compac was one of the worst guns I ever owned. It is long gone and it was my DUTY gun at the time!!!

Yes, the PPK/s is a very popular gun, it's just not a lot of fun to shoot but I can't get rid of it because it has a personal connection and the wife actually likes it. She won't shoot it, but she says we're never getting rid of it, so it sits in a box on the shelf year after year.

AD
    NRA Instructor/Safety Officer
    IDPA Safety Officer
    Glock Armorer
    Open Carry Advocate
    USPSA/IDPA/ICORE

4. Likes Rangedog  liked this post
    Thanks BangBang  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ADulay: "And as much as I hate to admit it, he's spot on about the Walther PPK/s.

It is a beautiful gun. But he hit the nail on the head explaining what happens after a box of ammo and the intervening shooting."

Yup....
    I have my beautiful PPK/s sitting like the queen she is in my safe......haven't shot her in probably 7/8 years!!!!! Carried it for a couple years (heavy as a cement block) and I know to this day she's partly responsible for my back ailments!!! If I even pick it up, I can immediately feel the pain ( as a reminder) in my shooting hand from trips to the range in the past. Have a gorgeous custom made inside the waistband holster too......still brings a smile to my face its so purdy!!! Looks so DAMN good when wearing a sport coat!!!!

Most PPK owners will admit to themselves....it's a "BOND" thing. To this day I still think its a "cool" gun.....I don't and won't shoot it but its still a "cool" gun......I probably need counseling to get me to sell it....

I never understood the "Judge" tho....it sounds kind of cool but......still don't really understand it....

Thanks Lee.....good video...
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

6. Likes sig232  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangedog View Post
    ADulay: "And as much as I hate to admit it, he's spot on about the Walther PPK/s.

It is a beautiful gun. But he hit the nail on the head explaining what happens after a box of ammo and the intervening shooting."

Yup....
    I have my beautiful PPK/s sitting like the queen she is in my safe......haven't shot her in probably 7/8 years!!!!! Carried it for a couple years (heavy as a cement block) and I know to this day she's partly responsible for my back ailments!!! If I even pick it up, I can immediately feel the pain ( as a reminder) in my shooting hand from trips to the range in the past. Have a gorgeous custom made inside the waistband holster too......still brings a smile to my face its so purdy!!! Looks so DAMN good when wearing a sport coat!!!!

Most PPK owners will admit to themselves....it's a "BOND" thing. To this day I still think its a "cool" gun.....I don't and won't shoot it but its still a "cool" gun......I probably need counseling to get me to sell it....

I never understood the "Judge" tho....it sounds kind of cool but......still don't really understand it....

Thanks Lee.....good video...
    The Judge PD is my primary "across the living room" gun.

It shoots the Federal Premium 000 buck (four .36" balls per shot) into a fist sized group at POA at 10 yards. I b'lieve that'll leave a mark...
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

8. Likes Rangedog  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    The Judge PD is my primary "across the living room" gun.

It shoots the Federal Premium 000 buck (four .36" balls per shot) into a fist sized group at POA at 10 yards. I b'lieve that'll leave a mark...

So if I come to visit I best announce "Its Me" at the first step on the way to the door?

10. Likes Rangedog  liked this post