Post Thanks / Like

How a Glock operates.

I am sure there are those here to which this is old news. However, I am hoping there may be those for which this little video is a learning experience...

https://youtu.be/yRJI3QpJGw8?list=PL...ridboVE6q8Y7_u

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure this will offend someone.....however.....IMveryHO.....a Glock is the worst gun I ever, ever shot.....
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, I am not offended in the least. My Glock 26 is one of the best semi-auto pistols I have ever shot. I have never had the 1st problem with it, or the twin to it that my Wife carries. That being said, everyone has an opinion, and likes and dislikes. That is why there are different flavors of ice cream.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    Bob, I am not offended in the least. My Glock 26 is one of the best semi-auto pistols I have ever shot. I have never had the 1st problem with it, or the twin to it that my Wife carries. That being said, everyone has an opinion, and likes and dislikes. That is why there are different flavors of ice cream.
    I agree, Donny!

I found other brands that shoot better for me, probably because the 1911's I shot and carried for so many years before I got my first glock pointed so much more naturally for me, and none of the glocks did, due to the flock grip angle.

The grip angle found on 1911's and M&P's works perfectly for me, though I did shoot a couple of my glocks in ISPC matches back in the '90's.

Many folks are very happy with their glocks, and more power to 'em.

They're easy to work on, and parts are readily available.

One quit on a guy at IDPA practice yesterday; broken extractor. It made me question the specs on that particular gun, as only the bottom corner of the extractor was gone, but most of the extractor claw was intact; I'd say a good 90%. Still, that gun absolutely would not run; it was done.

I've seen 1911's with practically nothing left of the extractor claw still running, and would have expected a glock to do the same; which is why I'm questioning the "fit" of that particular pistol, though there's no hand fitting used or necessary in their manufacturing. Perhaps it's a matter of tolerance stacking across several parts on that particular one.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 06-15-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that most Glocks are extremely reliable......I have a couple kids that swear by them......I just can't hit the side of a barn with it after a lot of practice and a couple thousand rounds.......I agree with Rick about the grip and another of my problems is they are just too light.....I get a lot of muzzle jump.

I am still participating in the Glock Foundation competition for the fun of it with some good friends that shoot in these events. Besides, you don't even have to score well as Glock gives away a lot of cash prizes as well as firearms so its all good.
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangedog View Post
    I am sure this will offend someone.....however.....IMveryHO.....a Glock is the worst gun I ever, ever shot.....
    Nope, I agree 100%, tried a glock once, never again. Sticking with CZ's and 1911
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

7. Likes Rangedog  liked this post