Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ruger Issues Recall On Mark IV Pistols

Apparently certain guns have been found to have the ability to fire when the safety is placed between the “safe” and “fire” positions and the trigger is pulled. The potential also exists for the gun to fire when the safety is moved from the mid positition to “fire” after pulling the trigger and not having a round discharge.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-mkiv-pistols/

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is info about how to ID which pistols need to be repaired.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017...rk-iv-pistols/

Post Thanks / Like
    Early indications are that anyone who has installed the Volquartsen accurizing kit is good to go. More info is expected from Volquartsen this coming week but at the moment it would appear that the VQ sear resolves the issue but still waiting on final word from them.
    I do know that my mark iv target does not have the issue.
    At any rate I trust Volquartsen a lot more than I trust Ruger.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Early indications are that anyone who has installed the Volquartsen accurizing kit is good to go. More info is expected from Volquartsen this coming week but at the moment it would appear that the VQ sear resolves the issue but still waiting on final word from them.
    I do know that my mark iv target does not have the issue.
    At any rate I trust Volquartsen a lot more than I trust Ruger.

I would appreciate it if you would post a link to the origin of this rumor....

According to Ruger if your returned MK IV has any after market parts regardless of manufacturer in the fire control system they will be replaced with Ruger Factory parts and the replaced parts will NOT be returned.

"You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. Also, to the extent the installed aftermarket parts are being replaced pursuant to the retrofit (sear and safety), these will not be returned."

I don't see the wisdom in trusting Voltquartsen over Ruger when dealing with what will be honored by the Ruger Warranty.

Don

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIV.../index.php?r=y
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I would appreciate it if you would post a link to the origin of this rumor....

According to Ruger if your returned MK IV has any after market parts regardless of manufacturer in the fire control system they will be replaced with Ruger Factory parts and the replaced parts will NOT be returned.

"You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. Also, to the extent the installed aftermarket parts are being replaced pursuant to the retrofit (sear and safety), these will not be returned."

I don't see the wisdom in trusting Voltquartsen over Ruger when dealing with what will be honored by the Ruger Warranty.

Don

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIV.../index.php?r=y
    Link is below, I can't seem to type anything after a link without including it in the link.
    Actually Ruger does not actually have a written warranty, they do stand behind their products but there is nothing in writing that you can fall back on.
    Yes I do trust Volquartsen over Ruger any day of the week. Ruger wouldn't sell anywhere near the number of mark series pistols if people didn't know they could be improved by using Volquartsen parts.
    It's also Rugers policy to not return aftermarket parts that you send in, on occasion you may get them back but you can't count on it. They always replace aftermarket parts with ruger parts even when the aftermarket parts are better than factory parts.
    Last but not least I don't post rumors and never have unless I say up front it's a rumor.

Not a rumor, final results not in yet but this is Volquartsen's statement to date: https://volquartsen.com/articles/2017-06-08-update-from-volquartsen-on-the-ruger-mk-iv-recall

Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

6. Thanks Rick McC.  thanked for this post