Post Thanks / Like

Might be adding a black powder rife

Not planning on shooting it but it will make a nice wall hanging. It's part of a lot of rifles (the rest are all firearms) my LGS is holding until he reaches a final deal with the seller, not sure when of if that is going to happen but if it does this one is mine as long as I can get it for my low ball offer, sorry about the crappy pic.

Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

2. Likes sig232  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see an awful lot of glock boxes in that pic. lol
    The mind is the limiting factor !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I see an awful lot of glock boxes in that pic. lol
    I know, not a big fan myself, should have blocked them out

5. Likes brownie  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Black Powder looks a lot like the Hawkin model hanging on my wall den right now. Unfired, left handed, 50 cal made by Traditions. Just looks cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sig232 View Post
    That Black Powder looks a lot like the Hawkin model hanging on my wall den right now. Unfired, left handed, 50 cal made by Traditions. Just looks cool.
    It is a Hawkin sig, made by Thompson Center, it's been fired but looks pretty new. The look of it grabbed me to. Not a done deal as yet, actually it's a bit of a strange situation so I'm waiting to see what happens, hopefully I'll know soon. I didn't offer very much but don't plan on upping the offer so time will tell. The LGS will give it to me for what ever he winds up paying for it unless the whole deal falls through, which may happen, like I said it's a strange situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    It is a Hawkin sig, made by Thompson Center, it's been fired but looks pretty new. The look of it grabbed me to. Not a done deal as yet, actually it's a bit of a strange situation so I'm waiting to see what happens, hopefully I'll know soon. I didn't offer very much but don't plan on upping the offer so time will tell. The LGS will give it to me for what ever he winds up paying for it unless the whole deal falls through, which may happen, like I said it's a strange situation.

Years ago, I made more than a few of those T/C Hawkins from kits for resale to folks.

I used mine for rabbit hunting, and standing 50 yard head shots were no problem.

The proper patch thickness/ball diameter combo, based on the bore dimensions of the barrel, are the key to consistent accuracy, along with powder charge.

They'll definitely shoot!
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 05-05-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

9. Likes sig232  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I lost out on this one the seller came back to the shop and picked up the whole batch, oh well, next time.