Post Thanks / Like

FL SB140 on Life Support

Looks like Open Carry in FL is already on life support, I thought it would get a bit further this year.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-life-support/
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean no disrespect here but I personally don't see the big deal in open carry. Actually, I don't think its a good idea at all. My reasoning is as follows: Bad guy sees the gun, bad guy gets the jump on you. Unless you're from the school of thought that says well he sees a gun so he will pass me by. I'd rather be concealed as I think that puts the odds far more in your favor.

3. Likes JSM180 , Rangedog  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope that we it, them the police would stop killing people like me just because someone said that is black with a gun
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.

5. Likes sig232  liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I would VERY seldom, if ever, carry openly, I still think that it should be legal.
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    Although I would VERY seldom, if ever, carry openly, I still think that it should be legal.
    I agree, I doubt that I would ever open carry, but it should still be legal.

That being said, this thread probably should be closed or just die, this bill has been broken up into several smaller bills at this point, which was probably a good idea.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rzach View Post
    i hope that we it, them the police would stop killing people like me just because someone said that is black with a gun
    I suspect its not a problem being black and having a gun, its that some of the gang members have not been educated to not reach for it in front of the police. Or to run from them and not follow instructions.

When they tell you to put your hands up and get on the ground, regardless of white, black, Hispanic thats what we need to do to keep safe.

It might be a good idea for our schools to educate our children as to how to react safely when confronted by the police. Parents certainly need to do this and not teach their children to distrust the police, which can result in that flight mentality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sig232 View Post
    I suspect its not a problem being black and having a gun, its that some of the gang members have not been educated to not reach for it in front of the police. Or to run from them and not follow instructions.

When they tell you to put your hands up and get on the ground, regardless of white, black, Hispanic thats what we need to do to keep safe.

It might be a good idea for our schools to educate our children as to how to react safely when confronted by the police. Parents certainly need to do this and not teach their children to distrust the police, which can result in that flight mentality.
    even you went right to gang thing just like the police all of use is seen as bad, you have known for a long time the distrust of the police came from them
    Governments are ravenous for revenue to fund the promises that purchase votes.