Post Thanks / Like

Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm

She's in the mail heading to my FFL. This will be the last CC pistol I will have have to buy. (Stock Photo)

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I Reload, Therefore, I Am"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with her!!!! Kimber, IMHO, is an excellent choice!!!!
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice, make sure you post a range report.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will be happy with that gun....

I have two Kimbers; a stainless 1911 Gold Match .45 (it belongs to my daughter but I shoot it often) and a 1911 .22 out of the Kimber Custom Shop. They are both very nice guns.

Enjoy your new gun and shoot safe!

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, sorry for my extended absence. Truthfully, I haven't been active on any forums for many months.

Now the correction to my statement above. I said that the Kimber Ultra II would be my last CC purchase. Well, that didn't hold true for long. I also purchased the exact same Kimber model in 45 ACP.

Now the confession to all my Taurus friends - I sacrificed (sold) my Raging Bull 44 mag and my Taurus 1911 to fund the Kimber purchase. And yes it is true, a Kimber IWB is better than two Taurus' in your safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ultra Carry II has been on my wish list for a long time. But if I have the opportunity to purchase a firearm, I usually will buy a rifle. In fact, if I had held off on a couple of rifles, I'd have the Kimber!
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail… the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.”
    -- Jeff Cooper

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Ultra Carry CDP II in .45 acp that was made in '05, and it took a LOT of work to make it reliable. It, and a couple of other kimbers, is why I swore off them years ago.

A few years ago, my wife saw a pic of a Sapphire Ultra II in 9mm, and said that she'd "really like to have one of those."

I looked everywhere for one for her for that Mother's Day (figuring she'd never carry it anyway; so no harm), and couldn't find one.

With the help or a member on another forum; I found out that there was one available at a LGS in Jacksonville. So, one 400 plus mile road trip later; she had one.

Truth be told; the fit, finish, and quality of the internals was noticeably better than on any of the kimbers that I'd owned, and it was reliable right out of the box (after a detail strip and clean/lube, which I do with every 1911 I buy, anyway). Of course, it damn well should have been, with an MSRP north of $1600.00 at the time).

And I was right; she's never carried it, but it sure is pretty:

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    That Sapphire reminds me of Grandma's living room furniture; it's just there for looking at! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I have an Ultra Carry CDP II in .45 acp that was made in '05, and it took a LOT of work to make it reliable. It, and a couple of other kimbers, is why I swore off them years ago.

A few years ago, my wife saw a pic of a Sapphire Ultra II in 9mm, and said that she'd "really like to have one of those."

I looked everywhere for one for her for that Mother's Day (figuring she'd never carry it anyway; so no harm), and couldn't find one.

With the help or a member on another forum; I found out that there was one available at a LGS in Jacksonville. So, one 400 plus mile road trip later; she had one.

Truth be told; the fit, finish, and quality of the internals was noticeably better than on any of the kimbers that I'd owned, and it was reliable right out of the box (after a detail strip and clean/lube, which I do with every 1911 I buy, anyway). Of course, it damn well should have been, with an MSRP north of $1600.00 at the time).

And I was right; she's never carried it, but it sure is pretty:

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!
    Bob
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorism - its coming to a mall near you.....