Post Thanks / Like

Trail Cameras Recommendations

Looking for a trail camera that takes good night shots and doesn't eat batteries. Anyone have any recommendations?

So far I have tried;

Amcrest ATC-1201, batteries lasted 5 days, so so image quality and very clunky remote to change settings. Returned.

Bushnell 14mp Trophy Cam Aggressor, Great image quality both day and night but horrible battery life. Tried to update firmware and bricked the the first camera, second camera had newer firmware but battery life was the same. Contacted customer support and used their recommended settings and got nothing but black night pictures, video was fine. Seems the IR flash is what eats batteries but without it or reduced you get nothing. Returned

Stealthcam G42NG, night pictures are very grainy, barely make out a 2" spike on a buck at 15 ft and many missed shots. I watched 5 turkeys mill around for 20 mins in front of the camera yesterday morning and it never took the first shot, 10 mins later my wife drove out the driveway and it caught her no problem. Jury is still out on this one but it is likely going back as the image quality is the worst of the 3.

I'm using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries and a Sandisk Ultra 32gb card, both were recommended by the manufacturers. Am I asking too much or is there something better out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used these cameras for the past two years at my place in NC.......they have survived drenching rain, freezing snow and ice storms, the battery life is impressive.....and the pictures can be
    4 of Spypoint 7MP Infrared Game Camera pretty amazing......these aren't terribly expensive in the world of trail cameras but a decent trail camera isn't cheap either.

This is a photo captured by one of my trail cameras in the dark just outside my cabin front door one morning....

3. Thanks JSM180  thanked for this post