Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should have a copy of Gutmacher's book on FL gun laws. He's very specific about only using factory ammo in a carry gun and not doing any alterations to a carry gun. The book should be required reading for anyone who carries.

Post Thanks / Like
    The concensus on only using factory ammo for carry is pretty much universal.

There is a broad range of opinions on doing "work" on a carry pistol.

Some feel only bone stock pistols should be used for carry, others are OK with mods, as long as they don't go to extremely light trigger pulls and such.

I'm in the latter camp, as I prefer to make my pistols shoot as accurately for me as I reasonably can. For me, that includes trigger work.

I believe that an accurate shooting pistol is safer for everyone, including potential bystanders.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 06-28-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    My Lee powder drop is remarkably consistent, as long as I make sure to rotate the handle the same every time. I have no experience with anything other than single stage presses. What you get to 9mm, let me know. I have a good recipe for IDPA, softer recoil but still meets power factor

4. Likes frgood , Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    This is one of those Reloading 101 questions where I'd like you to share your experience, both good and bad.

I just started cleaning my brass. the tumbler came with some corn media that did a wonderful job. Sadly it got dirty real fast as the brass was filthy and I have no idea what dirty is. So I saw that corn media kitty litter was an economical purchase being about $10 for a huge multi pound bag.
    Here is what happened. The brass came out clean. Great!! and covered with a fine dust. I read to throw in an old dryer fabric sheet to stop this dusting. I am now doing with the current batch. If this works great. But what of the prior batch of brass? Do i have to put that all back in the tumbler with a sheet to clean up the dust? Any recommendations were I might enjoy not having to recycle that batch of brass?

Also, Bang Bang! The brass we traded for, how in this green earth did you get it so clean? What is your secret? I'm running the old brass anywhere from 2-4 hours in corn cob media. It is sufficient. But, wow, your cleaned brass looked almost new and the pockets were spotless also.
    Corn media , 50/50 Mineral Spirits & Nu Finish and a handful of steel BB's will work wonders.
    If media gets too dirty , use a magnet to fish out the BB's, dump media, mix up new and dump old BB's back into mixture

6. Thanks frgood  thanked for this post