Post Thanks / Like

Question Fitting a Shotgun

Is there someone local to the Land O Lakes area that can measure me for proper shotgun fit? I want to adjust my Browning Citori because I know it doesn't fit right but I love the gun. I'm sure I could shoot better if it fit me properly. Also, I'm having a new stock made for my Parker Brothers SxS. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sir View Post
    Is there someone local to the Land O Lakes area that can measure me for proper shotgun fit? I want to adjust my Browning Citori because I know it doesn't fit right but I love the gun. I'm sure I could shoot better if it fit me properly. Also, I'm having a new stock made for my Parker Brothers SxS. Thanks in advance for your help.
    There is a guy that the manager, Mike M., of Tampa Bay Sporting Clays recommends, an expert shooter and stock fitter who does many of the shotguns for the experts that shoot out of that range. Call their main number and ask Mike or one of the girls for his number.

When you have it done right its not cheap, they will cant it right or left, up or down, cut the length, etc for a personal fit. I understand it can cost upwards towards $300 to have it done right.

As a comparison Pasco Gun Shop will cut the length, sized from the trigger to the base of the stock, and grind your pad to fit for $45 per hour. As Scott said they are backed up with work right now and it would probably take a few weeks to get it done.

A cheap shotgun you can do yourself, as Dave the finish carpenter says, cut it down with a fine tooth miter saw, in a vice, of course, and then use a belt sander or wood rasp to get the pad fitted. You would also have to drill new holes to reinstall your pad in most cases. Would not recomend you doing that to a Citori though. A Remington or Mossberg pump maybe if you have some handyman skills and tool knowledge.
    Last edited by sig232; 06-08-2015 at 07:06 AM.