Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ed308 View Post
    For a minute there I thought Doug had moved to St. Pete.
    Nobody in their right mind would move from the Keys to St. Pete.....
    This is not a Bakery. I do not sugar coat anything.
    If you ask for my opinion, that is what you will get.
    Do Not be mad, when it is not what you want to hear.

If you have a problem with me, Call Me.
    If you do not have my number, you are not
    close enough to me for me to care if you
    have a problem with me.

2. Likes Rick McC.  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I think this brings up the issue that Doug had tested down in the Key's as there is no real understanding of what should or should not be allowed as the laws are currently written. As I mentioned to my daughter when the piece came on the news...where is the line drawn? If you have a 100x55' lot in a dense subdivision, that is not acceptable. What if you have 5 acres in that same subdivision? What if it was 5 acres in the middle of nowhere? What if I have the same 5 acres but one neighbor complains or has kids? Should it be 25 acres? 100 acres? It could be much like the issue over in Lithia where it appears a neighbor's bullets were hitting her house and shattered some glass? I don't have the answers but I suspect it might get allot of questions raised!
    This is exactly the situation I foresaw occurring throughout Florida due to the ambiguity of the current statute. I describe it as "Hey Bubba, hold my beer while I shoot beer cans off the fence" The responding officers are put in a position to "determine in their own opinion" whether or not this is considered reckless or negligent.

Lets take a poll here, be the person who needs to make that determination, would you, if put on the spot determine this to be reckless or negligent under the current law and if so why?

I'll be interested to see the volly of responses, they will give us all a sense of varied opinions.
    "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for BAD HUNTER!

4. Likes frgood  liked this post
    Thanks frgood  thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not LE, But I do sleep, on occasion at a Holiday Inn.

My call is based on whether the person shows a reasonable and safe environment. While that may seem subjective, there are some base guidelines. I would concur with @MountainMan that what I saw on the TV report does not meet that requirement. I do not believe he can keep his shots within the lane. Nor do I feel the lane is secure enough from casual traffic.

Lastly, there is the noise. regardless of the activity, There are times when certain noises are acceptable. I firmly believe that that is a community call. Not a State or other. Every group of neighbors may collectively decide that no body cut their lawn until 9an on Saturday and 10 on Sunday or whatever. Since his is a high decibel activity there should be an agreed (not an ordinance or law), just a simple adult agreement when to expect noise. That is all part of being a good neighbor and friend.
    It sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    MNSHO: This is reckless AND negligent. The Backstop is not even close to being sufficient. The noise factor alone would make this inconsiderate and negligent.

have a problem with me.

7. Likes frgood  liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has torn the range down. A local radio show arranged to get him a free gun club membership for shooting! If you cannot afford the range fees, then you probably cannot afford to shoot! Just my opinion!

http://www.wfla.com/story/28023458/s...ush-for-change
    Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am amazed at the response here to this report.

While I agree that his backstop could use some work he is within the law as it is written. How does the "noise factor" make him inconsiderate and negligent? He is not shooting on a workday or, as far as we can tell from the report, early morning. If he shoots he will only be doing it on weekends.

I also don't understand the personal attacks on this individual.... when Doug built his range there was a commercial range he could have used but he did not want to drive the distance. No one here accused him of being an idiot or being too lazy and cheap to use a commercial range. When he agreed to shut down his range when he was given a range membership no one told him that if he couldn't afford the range fees he should not be shooting.

Now, I am not attacking Doug.... I am only asking questions as to the difference in some respects between the two home made ranges. Sig has predicted that this will result in more restrictive laws being passed and he is probably right. The whole point TWISI is that now is when we should be working to help standardize the law as it stands with guide lines we can all live with. We should be contacting our legislators to find which ones are willing to work toward the same goals we are and then offer any assistance we can to get it done.

Finally, I too would like to know, in the St. Pete Fishing Pier reference, just what, pray tell, is wrong with "exercising their rights" in a manner that endangers no one????

Don
    N.R.A Member
    N.R.A Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
    Oath Keeper
    U.S. Army Veteran

I collect Rimfire Firearms (.17 HMR, 5 mm Magnum, 5 mm Craig , 6 mm Flobert, .22 LR, and .22 Magnum), especially Mossberg's. I look for old, different, unique, or rare rifles and handguns in any rimfire caliber as well as parts. If you have anything in this category you want to sell or trade please e-mail me at fatboyflorida@gmail.com or PM me here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first reaction to this video was "dang, St Pete has some pretty gals doing their news."
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    How does the "noise factor" make him inconsiderate and negligent? He is not shooting on a workday or, as far as we can tell from the report, early morning. If he shoots he will only be doing it on weekends.
    People that bought or built homes in that area, where there were no outdoor shooting ranges when they bought/built, should not have to put up with the noise, regardless of the day of the week, or the time of day. The report of a 9mm is considerably louder than the rim-fire guns that Doug was shooting in the Keys. While it is indeed legal, and the noise would not bother me, annoying your neighbors just because it's "legal" is inconsiderate, at the very least. JMNSHO

have a problem with me.